Fix-It Friday #153 | Hands-On Photo Editing Fun!

I love participating in the I Heart Faces Fix it Friday - Hand on Photo Editting posts. Below is a before and after of the photo that they provided. This touching photo is provided by Maryanne Gobble Photography.

Below is the editing process I used for this photo.


AFTER




BEFORE



For this photo, I felt that it needed a bit of an edge to it, so I added in a texture using Florabella's Texture action. I then made my own adjustments, adding in a cross process and some other coloring to the photo. I lightened up the necklace hanging from her back, because I wanted the heart to be the center of focus for the image.

I then converted to a B/W using just the BW filter in PS CS6 and adjusting to the "darken" option with a few adjustments to some of the sliders. I also used the curves adjustment to brighten up some of the shadows and bringing down some of the whites.

Enjoy!




http://iheartfaces.ning.com/forum/topics/fix-it-friday-153



Enjoy!

3 comments: POST A COMMENT

  1. You can try PicsArt for photo editing, which has a huge range of editing tools available to you, from basic adjustments like exposure and contrast, through to cinematic color grading and dramatic filters that transform your images into painting-like pieces of art. There are loads of options for both the tone and shape of your face in selfies -- I won't go into the ethics of using these tools for "beauty" purposes, but I had fun in using the tools to intentionally transform my features into bizarre proportions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are many photo editing tools for such editing with advanced features other than the one you used. Snapspeed is such an app that allows you to pinpoint an area in a photo and adjust the brightness, contrast, and saturation of that single point. So if you want viewers to focus on a certain part of your photo -- say, the buds in the center of a plant -- then you can make the buds more vivid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Photo editing is not a luxury anymore. Anyone can edit and resize the images with the help of much free software. Even GIMP and Snapseed are good free photo editing software. Thank you for your post.

    ReplyDelete